If you want to rock your 2018 goals, you’ll want to enter this fresh workspace giveaway.
[UPDATE: This Competition is now Closed, congrats Lucinda Viljoen for winning!]
People hate new years resolutions because more often than not before January is even up, the resolutions have died. Sometimes we’re at fault for not being disciplined enough at pushing ourselves but sometimes the universe conspires against us and throws curveballs so large that pushing through your goals have to take a backseat to pushing through every hour.
What I have learned in the past 6 years and particularly in the past 2 weeks is that you can’t prepare or plan for everything, but what you can do is have tools at your disposal to help you when the going gets tough.
We’ve partnered with a few amazing brands to create a fresh take on a workspace that can adapt to whatever life has in store for you, so when curveballs show up – giving up on yourself isn’t your go-to move. Read on because one lucky reader is going to win this full kit.
The typical view on productive workspaces usually involves a clean desk in an office. What if you don’t have an office? What if you’re confined to bed? What if you have to sit on the floor of a waiting room for days? What if your couch is your go-to spot?
One of our Favorite brands Deskstand, who are masters of the standing desk. They recently launched a Wavy Sit-Stand Table. When I saw it for the first time, my initial thought was it would be amazing for doing work in bed. What I didn’t realise is how useful it would be for many other scenarios including sitting in waiting rooms, on couches and floors. Without being able to balance a laptop or workbook on your lap, to be able to comfortably work without hurting your back, you could be wasting hours every day.
The Wavy Sit-Stand Table has meant that any space can become a productive workspace. It completely removes excuses like “I couldn’t do it because xyz caused me to be out of the office, so I had no choice.” I am writing this article on the wavy table and without it, I would’ve used the above excuse.
About the Wavy Sit-Stand Table
- First and foremost, it is lightweight and portable.
- It flatpacks
- When the side legs clip out, it measures 360mm deep x 540mm wide (including legs) x 235m height.
- It has ventilation holes for your laptop or devices
- The top surface has a 6mm groove that can be used as a pen holder or anti-spill
- It is made with a wood material in a natural Birch finish
- It is handmade at Deskstand in Cape Town, making it proudly South African
- It retails for R395
- They deliver for free anywhere in South Africa within 3-10 business days.
- Get it here
The Accountability Partner
Having something drive you to make goals and take action daily is incredibly useful for staying the path. It is unrealistic for this something to be a real live person and sometimes we fail ourselves because we don’t know how to organise our thoughts and take action. Having a diary/ journal is incredibly important and way more powerful than any app I have ever tried.
Over the past 3 years I have experimented with different types of journaling systems, so when I received the Lorna Jane Active Living Journal I knew I had found a winning combination. It so beautifully combined elements of journals I loved and eliminated the things that didn’t work.
About the Lorna Jane Active Living Journal
- It’s stunning. No, looks aren’t everything, but having a beautiful diary you can proudly display on your desk makes it easier to plan and schedule.
- It has monthly calendars allowing you to see an overview of big events every month
- It fits a week on two pages. In the past, I’ve favoured diaries that used a page every day. What happened was I used the entire page with an exhausting and unrealistic to do list. I now have 10 lines per day, which means prioritising tasks and being able to tackle them instead of ending each day with half a list undone.
- It has a 2018 goals section in the beginning, so you can set goals for your year and look at them often to see how you’re doing
- A wrap-up section at the back to allow you to review your year come December.
- There are also a few delicious and easy recipes in the back – I’ve already made the nice cream sandwiches, which were great!
- It retails for R599
- Get it here
The Distraction Killing Accessories
Journals need pens, people need fuel (for many that fuel is coffee) and when the distraction twitches start causing us to reach for our phones or do anything but work, we need something to snap us out of it.
Enter Big Blue Online. Big Blue started in 1986 as a POP-UP store and flea market and since then have opened 21 stores and expanded to online retail. Their range is so extensive (clothing, gifts, homeware) but it is their stationery/ workspace items caught our attention.
The Back Scratch pen
Our journal needed a pen, so we handpicked this backstretch pen – because when you have an itch, that itch needs a scratch. The hand portion is extendable for really tall people and it screws off to reveal the black inked pen below.
It retails for R100, get it here
The Fuel holder
Because no coffee means no workee, every workspace needs a mug. This one caught our eyes, but they have other gems too.
This one retails for R120, get it here
The Distraction/ Stress Buster
If your hand has a stress ball in it, can it reach for your phone? And if your stress ball looks like pac-man, why would you want to let it go?
The pac-man stress ball retails for R100, get it here
Big Blue deliver internationally and offer free local delivery for orders over R500.
When you’re finally in a zone and the munchies hit, if you have a healthy snack nearby you’re less likely to reach for the not so good for you junk food. Fruit is a great alternative to chocolates and sweets but it isn’t always possible to keep perishables on hand. That is why we love Nature’s Delicacies. Distributors of Nakd and Trek, they always have our snacking needs covered.
One of our favourites are Nakd Bars. Nãkd Bars are made from just raw fruits and nuts ‘smooshed’ together. Containing 100% natural ingredients with no added sugars or syrups, these bars are also wheat, dairy and gluten free. They come in 10 delicious insane flavours that actually taste like their descriptions and they fit easily in any bag or pocket.
Find them both online and in store – full list of stockists are here.
January might be half gone but it is never too late to approach the year with a blank space and fresh perspective to smash your 2018 goals. Want to win all of the above to help you do that?
For more details on each product, follow us on Instagram and check out our Instagram stories.
HOW TO ENTER
There are 3 ways to enter, and each way gives you 1 entry:
- Tell us in the comments of this article why you want to win this
- Like and comment on this Facebook post why you want to win this and tag 2 friends who’d want to win this too (you need to be following us on facebook)
- Like and comment on this Instagram post why you want to win this and tag 2 friends who’d want to win this (you need to be following us on Instagram)
By entering this competition, you accept our t’s&c’s. Competition ends 30 January 2018
This prize contains 1x Deskstand Wavy Sit-Stand Table, 1 x Lorna Jane Active Living Diary 2018, 1x Big Blue Back Scratch Pen, 1x Big Blue Pac-Man Stress Ball, 1x Big Blue No Coffee No workee Mug, 5x Nakd Bars (flavors will vary) from Nature’s Delicacies.
This prize is provided by each brand and will be delivered by Nutreats.
Like this? Share it with a friend and subscribe to a newsletter so you never miss out.
Photography by Feige Lewin
Latest posts by Feige Lewin (see all)
- [GIVEAWAY] Everything you Need to smash your 2018 Goals - January 16, 2018
- It’s a Blank Space this month on Nutreats - January 1, 2018
- How pHformula Skin Resurfacing and Skinsense PDT Therapy changed my face - December 8, 2017