1. Downloadable zoom backgrounds from plain wall paper to full interiors if you’re looking to up your Zoom game, or just trying to hide an unmade bed. [House Beautiful]
2. When Breath Became Air is a book written by Paul Kalanithi, when he was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer. He was on the verge of completing training to become a neurosurgeon. He shares he journey from child, to student, to doctor, to patient, to father… to death in a heart-breakingly raw and powerful way. The book was published by his wife Lucy, after his death. Her epilogue to the book is when the tears flowed freely down my face as she describes with painful accuracy the feeling of watching someone you love die. Five years on, she’s sharing her thoughts on grief and love and lost. If you’ve read the book, you’ll want to read this. [Stanford]
3. A touching essay on the importance of creating culture and tradition in families. [CN&CO]
4. Home improvement ideas to tackle that don’t involve buying a thing. [Curbed]
5. What to ask instead of “how are you?” during a pandemic that’s not “fine, thanks and you?” [The Atlantic].
6. 5 vegetables you can grow indoors using just sunlight and water. I’ve seen so many people do spring onion and planning on trying it out. [Food52]
7. The best DIY facemask tutorial you can watch is this one from Suzelle [You Tube / Suzelle DIT]
8. “Even when it feels really grim, there is going to be a time when you look back on this and say, ‘I didn’t think I could cope, but I did.” – how to manage cabin fever with no end in sight. [Outside Online]
9. What alcohol does to your skin and the tricks to get it glowing after a night of drinks. [Dore]
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.