1. 4 foods you can grow inside your house [Patricia Bannan].
2. Trying to live more sustainably goes beyond reducing single use plastic. This article is a really good guide on how to buy clothes that last longer and how to become a more sustainable consumer [NY Times].
3. An interesting article on how the misuse of empathy is devaluing pain [Quillette].
5. Online no-one knows you’re poor is an excerpt from a new book called Enough by Shauna M. Ahern, a book that’s promptly been added to my to read list [The Guardian].
6. This is how cookie cutters are made [Food52].
7. October is breast cancer awareness month, here’s what a mammogram feels like [Women’s Health].
8. The best fats to eat [Goop].
9. A simple trick for making decisions, big and small [Cup of Jo].
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.