1. To all the boxes filled with cords from by-gone electronics (don’t tell me you don’t have one) [Wall Street Journal].
2. A long but good piece on the difference between good science, bad science and pseudoscience. They include the famous “power poses” as relayed in the viral Amy Cuddy TedTalk under things that everyone adopts that turn out to be bad science. If you can’t make it through, there’s a summary at the end [Farnam Street].
3. The devastating effect the Australian bushfires has had on the wildlife [The Atlantic].
4. The 5 things South Africans wasted money on in 2019 [The Truth About Money].
5. 6 natural cleaning products you can make at home [Food52].
6. Things you can do to keep your mind sharp [Mind Body Green].
7. How to get rid of hormonal acne [Parsley Health].
8. 4 workout rules to break this year. Hint they involve forgoing some of your favorite crutches every now and then [Outside Online].
9. How to make your own stock powder to flavour just about anything [The Chalkboard Mag].
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.