- If you’re training for a race, going all out during every run will do more harm than good. If you want to add speed to your workouts in a more meaningful way, middle distance racing is where it’s at. Here’s what it is, how it works and sample training plans. [Breaking Muscle]
- 5 tips for eating more plant-based recipes [Naturally Ella]
- “Do people really not know how to cook anymore?”. This article really spoke to me because it’s something I struggle with when writing the recipes we publish here or create for brands. I tend to leave out little steps and be vague about spicing quantities; and then Feige steps in and questions and edits to fill in the gaps. I view most recipes (even mine) as guidelines that can be changed to your tastes, how fast/slow your oven cooks, what you have in your kitchen that can be switched out or the quantities you need. My mother makes challah by feel, there is literally no recipe, just a feeling, and it’s the best there is. What recipe instructions do you find most useful (exact quantities, substitution suggestions….) – let us know in the comments, so that we can bring you easier to follow recipes.
- A conspiracy theory about the viral Facebook #10yearchallenge meme [Wired]
- 5 ways to boost your health this year based on the latest research. [The Conversation]
- Why you should choose one word to focus on this ear [Fast Company]
- The benefits of being bored (and why we shouldn’t be reaching for our phones everytime boredom hits). [Time]
- How to take 6 days of leave and get a 13 day break this year, by planning according to Public Holidays [Good Things Guy]
- If you have an iPhone here’s 9 cool things your iPhone can do. [Good]
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.