- Registration for the national elections taking place this year is this weekend, the 26-27 January. If you haven’t registered, you can visit your nearest voting station from 8am-5pm to register (take along your ID). If you have registered and want to double check visit https://www.elections.org.za/regweekend/ and fill in your ID number to check. For more details read this [Cosmopolitan].
- Does clutter make you bad with money and can de-cluttering improve your finances? [The Cut]
- On November 4, 2018 Mina Guli set out to run 100 marathons in 100 days in aide of the water crisis. After doing over 60 marathons every day, Mina Guli injured herself to the point where she was forced to stop running. Instead of this being the end of her Running Dry campaign it was the birth of a worldwide movement which saw runners around the world clock their runs to make up multiple marathons per day for Mina. This Sunday she wants to reach 100 marathons in 1 day and is calling on runners and walkers to join! All it takes is going for a run or walk and sharing your kilometres on Twitter / Instagram tagging her @minaguli and #runningdry. Here’s how you can get Mina a marathon (without running a marathon yourself) [Mina Guli]
- A child psychologist in Norway is rethinking hospital care by incorporating nature in treating children who have been traumatized by hospitals. The concept is based on research which has shown the healing powers of nature and its ability to de-stress us. [Fast Company]
- What’s better for your heart, cardio or weights? New data is out and the results are mixed [Outside Online]
- The one vitamin you need in your skincare routine is Niacinamide. Here’s how it can help your skin, what it is, what it does and why it treats almost every skin concern. We’re currently using one from The Ordinary which we’ll share more about [The Skin Care Edit]
- Diets have become incredibly polarizing. The Keto Diet is no exception. Jillian Michaels has been in the news lately with her criticism of the diet, here she explains why she doesn’t agree with it and how you can get the benefits of Keto without Keto [Jillian Michaels]
- Desalination involves making seawater safe for drinking. It’s become a popular and useful way of creating more useable water and solving the water crisis. But it also uses up an enormous amount of energy and creates a byproduct, brine, which is pumped back into the ocean where it sinks to the bottom and wreaks havoc on ecosystems. This article explores the costs of desalination and solutions [Wired].
- These are the top 10 healthiest veggies to eat according to experts and they’re surprisingly affordable. [Mind Body Green]
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.