9 Things to know from the best stories this week
- Just when you though superfoods couldn’t get crazier (charcoal shots we’re looking at you!), scientists in India have discovered that cockroach milk may be four times as nutritious as cow’s milk. We’ll pass on this one [Refinery29]
RELATED: Does BBG Work?
- If you want to live a longer life, exercise should become a priority. A new study of 800 men shows that poor physical fitness ranks right behind smoking as a leading risk factor for early death [Health Day]
- Ahead of the Rio Olympic Games next week, health experts in Brazil are warning swimmers to keep their mouths closed as tests have shown the water to be a lot more contaminated than thought [NY Times]
- Although many dismissed the viral ASL Ice Bucket challenge as “slacktivism”, The ALS Association says money raised by viral charity challenge, actually helped fund a breakthrough [The Gaurdian]
- 10 Tips to stabilise blood sugar levels [Caralicious]
- Why a story of a pool noodle is going viral [The Good Things Guy]
- The F word we need to remove from our vocabulary [Surviving the Runner guy]
- A barley and Gem Squash Risotto perfect for chilly winter evenings [A foodie Lives Here]
Like this? Sign up here for a weekly email with our best stuff for you!
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.
Latest posts by Zissy Lewin (see all)
- You need to add these Trek Chunks to your shopping list - October 18, 2017
- The 6 Best Podcasts to Listen to right now - October 17, 2017
- 9 Things to Know This Week (15 October 2017) - October 14, 2017