1. If you’re in the midst of a training plan but also want to spend the weekend hiking or doing another activity during the holidays, This Ask Coach Parry episode explains how to alter your training program to accommodate other activities. [Coach Parry]
2. This is possibly the best list of the year – Times 100 best inventions of 2019 which includes things we’re familiar with (Dyson Hairwrap, Impossible Burger, Rothy’s) and those we’re not (water from thin air, recycling pollution, better packaging…). Each item is evaluated based on key factors, including originality, creativity, influence, ambition and effectiveness. [Time]
3. Do we choose taste or do tastes choose us? This long (but interesting) read details the history of baby food and whether or not babies can learn to love vegetables. If you’ve ever bargained with a child to “please just have one spoon”, only to have the food tossed across the room, you’ll appreciate this. [The New Yorker].
4. Today seems awfully appropriate to share this list of things to ask yourself before you make that purchase [Man Repeller].
5. Everything to do before and after your phone gets lost or stolen [Wired].
6. An incredibly interesting interview with Kevin Systrom, one of the founders of instagram on truth, scale and influencers [The Cut].
7. I just learnt that potatoes and onions shouldn’t be stored together [Food52].
8. How to know whether it’s safe to travel somewhere [Outside Online].
9. We chatted to our friends at CN&CO about us, Nutreats and fitness [CN&CO].
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.