1. Details of Joburg’s best independent book stores [In Your Pocket].
2. I adore my InstantPot, using it at minimum once a week. This article wonderfully explores the history of labour in the kitchen and how InstantPot understands that history and factors into it’s design what a cook needs and want – and part of that is not just a time saving device, but food that is and tastes homemade [Bustle].
4. The case for looking on the bright-side delves into how being optimistic positively affects your health and ability to bounce back; and how being pessimistic increases cortisol, stress and negatively affects your health [The NY Times].
5. How to use citrus in the best ways, starting by putting down that bottle of lemon juice. It’s never ok. [Bon Apetit].
6. Umm you can clean your oven door with a dishwasher tablet [The Kitchn].
7. A list to remember: The foods to eat when your stomach’s feeling woozy [Well + Good].
8. How to stop killing your houseplants [Vox].
9. All your retinol questions answered [Dore].
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.