- “The problem with litter isn’t plastic. It’s apathy”. Lewis Pugh, endurance swimmer and UN Patron of the Oceans shares his experience cleaning up one of Mumbai’s dirtiest beaches and the problem of pollution and litter. Yes, this is the Lewis Pugh who just swam 530km in 49 days across the English Channel to raise awareness about what our plastic and waste is doing to our oceans. [medium]
- How to become a bra girl. Not on Instagram, in real life. It’s summer, let your absicles breathe. [NY Times]
- This isn’t the first time I’ve shared an article on how to store produce to keep it fresh, it may not be the last. But there’s some tips I didn’t know like removing the rubber bands on leafy greens helps them stay crisp for longer. [Bon Apetit]
- Switching to a natural skincare brand was one of the best things I did for my face. And Feige’s become obsessed with checking out skincare ingredients, and learning what ingredients can be more harmful than good, a process she’ll hopefully share soon. Here’s why you should be considering natural, cruelty free skincare, plus a list of the SA brands that don’t test on animals [Mishke Bosse]
- September is Arbor month, here’s how to get involved [Good Things Guy]
- 9 Things to clear up everything you may not understand about metabolism and how it affects your weight [Vox]
- Can you affect someone’s behavior with your thoughts? This research psychologist thinks yes. [NPR]
- How to read if you want to read more books but don’t always like reading [Inc]. And if you like reading make sure to come back here over the next few weeks, we have something bookish planned.
- Your guide to spring in Joburg [Hello Joburg]
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.