- Your surroundings can be killing you. New research from the World Health Organisation revealed that 12.5 million deaths around the world can be attributed to unhealthy environments [Time]. An initiative which is looking at improving our environments through climate change is Earth hour. You can participate in it this weekend.
- Saving water is important, even when it’s rainy. Rainwater harvesting can get complicated. Here’s why you should be doing it and how to do it right [Good Things Guy]
- “For a long time my body felt like it belonged to another person, or actually was another person who I just couldn’t figure out how to communicate or connect with”. A personal trainer with autism shares what fitness means to her [Refinery29]
- To peel or not to peel? If it’s one of these 3 situations don’t peel your carrots [Pure Wow]
- A grain of sand hardly seems complex until you put it under a microscope. Then it becomes these tiny beautiful, intricate and unique grains of matter [Bored Panda]
- New research indicates that a treatment may one day lessen the symptoms of Down Syndrome. The question is would parents of Down Syndrome children actually want to administer it to their kid? A mother reflects on what it means, but ultimately concludes (much like this family) that what is needed is a social context that welcomes those who are different [Atlantic]
- The greatest fitness tips ever in one place [outside online]
- Love cashews? This is how they grow and why you never see them shelled [Huffington Post]
- 4 Way to quieten your noisy blender [The Kitchn]
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.