1. Before subway tiles became popular because of their aesthetics they were popular because they evoked a sense of cleanliness and made it easy to spot dirt. They’re one of the ways pandemics have impacted home design along with closets, powder rooms near the front door and sleeping porches. [Clever]
2. Benefits of writing by hand. [Fast Company]
3. How to start a conversation. [The Cut]
4. The top free online courses of 2020. Unsurprisingly, there’s a lot of Covid-19 themed courses on the list. [Free Code Camp]
5. A growing body of research suggests that the foods you eat can affect how well you sleep, and your sleep patterns can affect your dietary choices. Here’s how. [The New York Times]
6. Mindful habits that lead to a minimalist home. [Apartment Therapy]
7. 19 of the most Googled questions of 2020 answered, which are all Covid related [Refinery29]. If you’re curious, here’s Google’s year in search which you can view geographically. Topping South Africa’s FAQs for 2020 is “when is the president on tonight?”. And if you were one of the people who were searching for a banana bread or pancake recipe let me guide you to this and this.
8. How to use box breathing – a breathwork technique for calm and focus. [Mind Body Green]
9. If you’ve ever used a training program, specifically a running one, chances are you came across the term “at your threshold” or “aerobic” and “anaerobic” exercises. Here’s what that actually means. [Outside Online]
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.