We searched the web for the 9 things to know this week…
- 12 Cleaning Hacks that will make your life easier, except for number 4 – I tried it. Didn’t go so well [Refinery29]
- The sad reality of weight loss is that most people gain back the weight they worked so hard to lose. Beyond the Biggest Loser study that revealed how one’s metabolic rate decreases incredibly after losing a lot of weight, these 5 factors have a huge part to play in our inability to keep weight loss off. [The Washington Post]
- Researchers at the University of Cape Town made a cancer breakthrough when they identified genetic patterns for six common types of cancer – breast, colon, lung, kidney, ovarian and brain. The hope is to use this discovery as a basis for early detection which can be instrumental in saving lives [All4Women]
- 6 Secrets to keeping cut flowers fresh [Vogue]. Now, if anyone has advice on how to keep a chilli plant alive, please comment below!
- Kenya in the running world connotes images of small, lithe and phenomenally fast runners who regularly place at some of the biggest races around the world whilst setting world records. For all that, majority of Kenya’s runners live in poverty. Enda, a social entrepreneurial company is looking to change that. They’ve launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a high performance running shoe made in Kenya to benefit Kenyans. [FastCo.Exist]
- Throw things into a jar before bed, pop into the fridge and wake up to a scrumptious breakfast. It’s possible with these Berry and Buckwheat Bircher Muesli Jars. [A foodie Lives Here]
- 16 Foods you can regrow from kitchen scraps [Wake Up World]
- How Accurate is your fitness tracker? Researchers at Japan’s National Institute of Health and Nutrition conducted a detailed study to compare 12 different wearable devices, to two widely accepted methods of estimating calorie burn. These are the results [Men’s Health]
- 9 Reasons you’re bloated that have nothing to do with your diet [Well and Good]
If you like this, you’ll love our weekly newsletter. Sign up here
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.
Latest posts by Zissy Lewin (see all)
- 9 Things to Know This Week (23 March 2018) - March 23, 2018
- Kayla Itsines Latest Book is a Textbook on Healthy Living - March 22, 2018
- How to Make Stone Fruit Compote - March 20, 2018