This salad screams summer and makes for a light lunch. I say it serves two; others say it serves one. Either way this asparagus, edamame and egg salad is not your average salad and is bursting with freshness and flavour.
Asparagus, Edamame and Egg Salad
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 C edamame beans
- 2 C rocket
- 6 strawberries
- 2 soft-boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the asparagus into pieces, aprox 2.5cm in length. Prepare an ice bath by adding ice and water to a bowl.
- Bring a medium pot to boil on the stove and blanch the asparagus for 1 minute. Remove, drain and add to the ice bath to cool.
- Refill the pot with hot water, bring to a boil and add the edamame beans. Boil for 4 minutes, remove, drain and add to the ice bath. If you are using edamame beans in their shell, you can pop them out once they’ve cooled.
- Slice the strawberries and add them to a bowl with the rocket and cooled asparagus and edamame. Cut the soft-boiled eggs in half and add to the salad.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking all the ingredients together. Pour over the salad and serve.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.