There’s something decadent about serving a smoothie in a bowl. The consistency is thicker than a smoothie, making it appear like a soft serve. Add a generous portion of toppings and you have a soft serve for breakfast. Most smoothies contain banana which gives it that delicious creaminess.
There are many people who don’t like bananas. Bananas have a strong taste which often lingers in smoothies e. To get creaminess without using a banana, I added half a ripe avocado. The taste of the avocado as well as the spinach is completely muted by the berries in this bowl. The result, a sweet and satisfying Berry Green Smoothie Bowl.
Berry Green Smoothie Bowl [Banana Free]
- 2 cups mixed berries frozen
- 1/2 avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1/2 cup plant milk rice, almond or coconut
- 2 dates softened
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
For Topping (optional)
- hemp seeds
- extra berries
- nuts / seeds
You will also need
- high speed blender
- Combine all smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with desired toppings. Serve immediately
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.