I wanted to make these stuffed black bean tacos for longer than is presumably normal. I finally got around to it, and they were just as good as I expected.
They’re one of those recipes that isn’t exactly exact – you can switch up and change things without ruining it. It’s also easy to adapt to how many people you’re feeding. Instead of the beans you can choose black lentils or even mince.
The only part of this that you need to follow is the lime herb cashew sauce which is the mvp of the dish. If you like your tacos heavy on the sauce, I suggest doubling the sauce recipe. I chose to use cashew butter instead of cashews like most cashew based cream sauces do which means no waiting for hours for your nuts to soak.
Stuffed Black Bean Tacos with a Lime Herb Cashew Sauce
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed well
- 4 cobs corn cooked, corn cut off the cob
- 1/4 medium red cabbage shredded
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 avocados sliced
- 6 soft tortillas
Lime Herb Cashew Sauce
- 1 C fresh parsley
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/4 C cashew butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 tbsp water to thin out, as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Lime Herb Cashew Sauce
- Combine all the ingredients into a blender – starting with 2 tablespoons of water into a blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if you want a thinner sauce. Adjust seasoning according to your taste.
For the Tacos
- Combine the beans, corn, shredded cabbage and red pepper in a mixing bowl. Season with some lime, olive oil salt and pepper.
- Assemble the tacos by dividing the bean mixture between the tacos, top with slices of avocado and a drizzle of the lime herb cashew sauce.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.