Nothing beats homemade granola. It’s easy to make, pretty hard to mess up, the flavour options are endless and you control the ingredients. For me this means more nuts / seeds and less sugar. I like my granola to taste like something other than a bowl of sugary crispy oats. I want a flavour, subtle sweetness, and clumps!
This blueberry muffin granola ticks all the boxes. It tastes like a blueberry muffin with bits of cinnamon and maple and by pressing it into your pan before you bake it and not disturbing it until it’s cool you get those delicious granola clumps. It also makes the whole house smell divine as it bakes.
It lasts a week if stored in an airtight jar but serving sizes for this granola don’t exist so it’s doubtful I’ll last that long. If you want to be extra, make some homemade labneh to go alongside it.
Blueberry Muffin Granola
- 2 cup oats
- 1 cup raw and unsalted almonds roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil melted and cooled slightly
- 1 tablespoon lmond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper or a silpat mat.
- In a big bowl combine the oats, almonds, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl add the maple syrup, coconut oil, almond butter and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Make sure the wet ingredients completely coat the dry ingredients.
- Spread the granola mixture on the baking tray in an even layer. Using the back of a wooden spoon, press down on the granola to press it in tightly. This helps create clumps.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning the tray around half-way.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Once cool, use your hands to break the granola into smaller pieces. You can leave large clumps or break it into tiny pieces. Add dried blueberries to the granola.
- Store in an airtight jar at room temperature for up to a week.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.