The pizza gets a breakfast remake in this breakfast pizza. It’s easy to make (we used tortillas instead of making a base) and is the type of meal you can eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It’s particularly good as a Sunday brunch dish.
The ingredients below are for 1 serving to make it easier. If you’re cooking for more than just you, simply add the ingredients you need. I left out the amount of cream cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, and rocket, as it’s not a specific recipe, rather just ingredients which you choose how much you want of. Roughly, I used 2 tbsp cream cheese per tortilla, 6 baby tomatoes, 5 mushrooms, ½ avocado and a small handful of rocket per breakfast pizza.
I chose to top them off with a squeeze of lime and some green Tabasco; you can leave that out or drizzle the rocket and veg with some olive oil and lemon juice or just serve as is.
If you don’t have tortillas you can also use wraps or even a thicker Naan Bread. If you want to make your own flatbread, this is my go-to flatbread recipe.
- 1 Tortilla I used the Anat brand of wholegrain tortillas
- 2 eggs
- cream cheese
- mushrooms washed and sliced
- baby tomatoes washed and halved
- avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- rocket washed
- butter for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime and tobasco for serving (optional)
- Heat the tortilla in a pan over the stove. Place a medium pan or skillet over a medium flame. Add the tortilla. After about 30 seconds, flip and warm the other side for another 30 seconds
- Heat butter in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms and cook until they’re soft and slightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan (remove any leftover juices from the mushrooms), add another teaspoon or so of butter and heat. Add the eggs and fry them until set.
- To assemble the breakfast pizzas, spread cream cheese (1-2 tbsp. per tortilla) on the tortillas. Add 2 fried eggs, some fried mushrooms, tomatoes and half an avocado sliced. Add a bit of rocket. Add salt and pepper if desired, and top with a squeeze of lime. Serve immediately.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.