A good breakfast sets you up for your day. Starting with a nutritious meal makes it easier to make better choices throughout the day.
These breakfast tacos are filled with protein rich eggs and vegetables to fill you up as it nourishes you.
Tomatoes get their rich red colour from the antioxidant Lycopene. Lycopene is known for its health benefits in reducing heart disease and fighting certain cancers. When cooked your body is able to absorb more of the Lycopene.
Avocados are packed with healthy monounsaturated fats which help lesson your LDL cholesterol. They are also contain both insoluble and soluble fibre which is both good for digestion as well as making you feel fuller for longer.
Eggs give you much need protein keeping you fuller for longer, Lutein (for healthy eyes) and other vitamins and minerals.
Breakfast Tacos [Dairy Free]
- 2 wholegrain tortillas
- 2 eggs fried, sunny side up
- 1/4 cup red onions diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 green chilli de-seeded and chopped finely
- 1/4 cup green peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 handful fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic, chilli and peppers and continue cooking until tender
- Add tomatoes and cook down until you get a thick and chunky sauce
- Add salt and pepper to taste and set Aside
- To assemble tacos, divide tomatoes mixture between two tacos, top with a fried egg, avo slices and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.