There’s nothing fussy or fancy about these chewy peanut butter cookies, its just simple ingredients blended together to create deliciousness. They have a nice chewy texture and a peanut buttery richness. We skipped the butter and let the natural fats of the peanut butter shine through. We created our own flour, by grinding up oats into a fine oat flour. You can easily make them vegan (use maple syrup or rice syrup instead of honey). If you’re gluten free make sure the oats are gluten free, if you’re not regular oats will do!
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups oats ground into flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup peanut butter smooth
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup rice milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground oats, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl combine the peanut butter, honey, vanilla and milk
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined
- Scoop out a tablespoon measurement of batter and shape into balls and placed on lined baking sheet (the cookies do not spread so you don’t have to leave a big space between them)
- Flatten balls with a fork
- Bake for 11 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing cookies from baking shee
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.