I love a good sandwich. This is a good sandwich, filled with the unusual suspects – mashed avo, chickpea and fresh herbs. It travels well and keeps for a few hours without giving you that dreaded soggy bread.
Herby Chickpea and Avocado Sandwiches
- 6 slices bread
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 C fresh herbs basil, chives, parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut open the avocado, scoop out the flesh and add it to a mixing bowl.
- Add chickpeas, lemon, juice and fresh herbs to the bowl.
- Use a fork to smash the ingredients together. Smash until you reach your desired consistency – I prefer my mixture on the chunkier side with some chickpeas fully mashed and others just broken.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the chickpea and avocado mixture between the 3 slices of bread, top with the other slices and eat.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.