These almond butter chocolate cereal power balls require one pan and no baking to make. They take the Herbivore Super Cereal in Vanilla Pecan and turn it into a chewy snack / dessert. Whilst it may seem counter intuitive to take an expensive cereal and mix it with almond butter, rice syrup and cocoa to create a snack, I figured that the cereal is the same price of a bag of nuts / seeds. It’s also packed with nutrients from sprouted buckwheat, quinoa, chia seeds and more – so you’re creating nutritious balls of deliciousness.
You don’t have to use the super cereal used here, you can substitute it with a granola, muesli or other cereal for the same results.
The mixture is delicate so don’t worry if you can’t get them into perfect balls. I used rice syrup to bind the ingredients as it’s very sticky. Honey may work as an alternative as it has a similar consistency to rice syrup.
Almond Butter Chocolate Cereal Power Balls
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup rice syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups herbivore Super Cereal in vanilla pecan
- 50g dark chocolate
- fleur de sel or another flaky salt
You will also need
- baking sheet
- baking paper
- Line a baking pan with baking paper
- In a pan, combine the syrup, almond butter, cocoa, coconut oil and salt. Heat pan on a low heat and stir until everything is completely combined and smooth. Remove from heat. Add cereal to pan and mix to fully coat the cereal with the almond butter mixture.
- Using a tablespoon measurement, divide the mixture into balls / mounds. The mixture is very delicate so don’t worry about forming into perfect balls.
- Freeze for 30 minutes until the balls are firm
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over balls. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and place back in freezer until frozen
- Store in the fridge / freeze
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.