There was a stage in my life I abhorred halva… and tahini. I moved passed that stage, did a 180 and now love it. I use tahini in dressings, sauces, dips and in baked goods and sweet treats. This chocolate & raspberry tahini fudge is made up of 7 ingredients and requires just one bowl (or pan if you need to melt your coconut oil) to mix everything up. It’s spread into a pan, topped with freeze dried raspberries and frozen till set. They need to be stored in the freezer as they’ll melt at room temperature, but, are the perfect sweet and satisfying bite.
Freeze dried raspberries are not the easiest to find. I found some here, and they’re a must for the fudge – they add a tart sweetness that balances out the richness from the tahini and chocolate. You can potentially us fresh raspberries instead, but I have not tried that.
Chocolate & Raspberry Tahini Fudge
- 1/4 C coconut oil melted
- 1 C tahini paste
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp flaky salt
- 1/3 C freeze dried raspberries
- Combine all ingredients except for the freeze dried raspberries in a bowl and mix until fully combined and smooth.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper and pour the fudge into it. Smooth it down so that it’s an even layer.
- Sprinkle the freeze dried raspberries over the fudge. You can break them up into smaller pieces and press them down into the fudge so they stay put.
- Place into the freezer until fully set.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.