This cinnamon crunch cereal is a mix between granola and a cereal. It has no nuts or seeds, just simple ingredients you most likely have on hand. To create it’s texture I divided the oats in half and pulsed half of them into a flour – that helps it’s bind better into delicious cinnamon clumps. To bind it I used egg whites which make pieces stick together and also give it more crunch.
It’s perfect for days you just want a big bowl of cereal with milk, want something crunchy to top a smoothie bowl or just want a crunchy cinnamon snack. It’s addictivley delicious.
Cinnamon Crunch Cereal
- 1 C oats ground into a flour
- 1 C oats
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- pinch Salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix. Add in the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined
- Spread the mixture on the prepared tray in an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning the pan around halfway. If you want a crumbly cereal, break it with a wooden spoon when you turn it halfway. For a clumpier cereal don’t touch it.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cool store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.