These Cocoa Coconut and Pomegranate Chia Breakfast Parfaits require some foresight as you need to allow the chia seeds to soak overnight to create a thick pudding like consistency. If you don’t have a blender or want to save time, you don’t have to blend the chia pudding to make it smooth, but I much prefer it smooth – resembling a mouse (plus you don’t have to worry about tiny chia seeds getting stuck in your teeth).
The combination of the smooth cocoa coconut chia pudding, tart pomegranate seeds and crunchy Herbivore Superfood Cereal is delicious. Assemble in jars for a breakfast you can take with you.
Cocoa Coconut and Pomegranate Chia Breakfast Parfaits with Herbivore Superfood Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 pomegranate seeds only
- herbivore Super Cereal in Coconut Cacao
You will also need
- high speed blender
- Add all ingredients, except for the maple syrup in a small bowl. Mix until combined. Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and taste. If it’s not sweet enough for you add another tablespoon.
- Cover and let it sit in the fridge overnight so that it can reach a thick pudding like consistency.
- In the morning, pour the mixture into a blender and blend on high until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as you need. Taste and if you need more sweetening add.
- To serve - layer the pudding, pomegranate seeds and Herbivore Super Cereal between two glasses / jars.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.