Spicy hake topped with a sweet salsa makes the most delicious fish taco combination. It’s an easy to make dinner that doesn’t take too long to make and only requires 30 minutes of foresight to get your fish marinating. I have a preference towards soft tortillas over the crunchy ones; but you can also leave that out and serve the fish just with salsa. Or do a fish taco salad and serve the fish, salsa and toppings in a bowl with some crushed corn tortilla chips.
Spicy Fish Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 800 g Hake
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 C pineapple chopped
- 1/2 C red pepper chopped
- 1/4 C red onion finely diced
- 1/4 C parsley finely chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- pinch Salt
- 5 tortillas corn/flour
- shredded cabbage
- avocado slices
- Prepare the marinade for the fish by whisking the spices, lime juice and olive oil in a mixing bowl together.
- Pour marinade over the hake, cover and let it marinade for 30 minutes.
- While the fish is marinating make the salsa by combining all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Add fish to a lightly oiled baking pan, skin down, and bake for 20-30 minutes until it flakes easily and is fully cooked.
- To assemble the tacos, warm the tortillas on a grill or stovetop. Break fish into pieces and divide it amongst the tortillas. Top with salsa and sliced avocado and shredded cabbage. Serve immediately.
- You can replace the hake with any white fish
- If you have a gluten sensitivity, make sure to use gluten free tacos
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.