If you’re not afraid of mixing fruits with your veggies you’ll adore this salad. If it freaks you out close your eyes when you eat and you’ll adore it.
It’s a green salad with a difference for days when you want to switch things up.
Green Salad with Nectarines and Peanuts
- 4 cups chard shredded
- 2 firm necatrines pip removed and diced
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the corn in a medium pot of water until bright yellow and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Once cooled cut the kernels away from the cob and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine greens, nectarines, spring onions and corn. Set aside
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, agave and mustard. Pour over salad and coat well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with peanuts and serve.
Adapted from Sprouted Kitchen
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.