Last year, Kayla Itsines released her second book “The Bikini Body Motivation and Habits Guide”, which we reviewed here. The book contains over 200 recipes as well as a 28-day meal plan and exercise program. On the 12th of January of this year, Kayla started a 12-week BBG challenge, which sees million of girls across the globe complete her 12 week BBG guide together.
As part of the 12-week challenge we’ve partnered with PanMacmillan to share one of the recipes from Kayla Itsines book, as well as give away 5 copies of the Bikini Body Motivation and Habits Guide. If you’re doing the 12-week challenge, this book is a wonderful accompaniment. It’s filled with tips on how to make healthy habits stick, invaluable nutritional advice and loads and loads of Kayla approved delicious recipes. In fact, even if you’re not doing the 12-week challenge, this book is a guide to healthy living you’ll want to page through (and then get in the kitchen cooking). Entry details are below the recipe.
Kayla Itsines’ Granola Fruit and Yogurt Tarts
These breakfast tarts are a fancy twist on a granola, yogurt and berry breakfast. The granola shell is delicious and I can see myself recreating it as a crumbly granola. You fill it with yogurt (go for a vegan coconut yogurt if you prefer) and fresh fruit. While the recipe makes 2, you can easily double or triple the recipe and make them on Sunday for the whole week. They can also stand in for a dessert or sweet snack.
Kayla Itsines’ Breakfast Tart
- 50g rolled oats
- 15g walnuts
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp dessicated coconut
- 2 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch cinnamon
- oil spray
- 125g low fat plain yogurt
- 130g fresh fruit berries, pomegranate, figs, kiwi fruit
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Place the oats, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and coconut in a food processor and process until crumbly. Add the coconut oil, honey and cinnamon and process until well combined.
- Lightly spray two 10 cm mini flan tins (with removable bases) with oil spray. Divide the granola between the two tins and, using the back of a greased spoon, press it evenly and firmly over the tins and up the sides.
- Bake in the oven for 8–12 minutes until the edges are lightly browned. Set the tarts aside to cool completely before removing them from the tins.
- To serve, fill each tart with the yoghurt and top with the fresh fruit.
Win a Copy of the Bikini Body Motivation and Habits Guide by Kayla Itsines
UPDATE: This competition is now closed congrats to our 5 winners – Natasha, Deepa, Cssandra, Nikiwe and Kelley
To enter to win one of five copies of the Bikini Body Motivation and Habits Guide simply tell us what healthy habit you want to incorporate into your life in 2019.
You can enter in three ways. Each method counts as one entry.
- Comment on the post below and tell us what healthy habit you want to incorporate into your life in 2019.
- Head over to our Instagram, and comment on this post
- Head over to our Facebook Page, and comment on this post
By entering this competition, you accept our t’s&c’s. Competition ends Thursday, 31 January 2019. Only valid for South African residents.
This competition is sponsored by Pan Macmillan, opinions are our own.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.