Blueberries are the darling of the fruit world – packed with good for you nutrients and low in calories and sugar. Their sweet-sour flavour pairs perfectly with lemon to create a delicious stack of breakfast pancakes.
If you’re dairy free, use a plant/nut based milk instead.
Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 cup milk use plant/nut milk for a dairy free pancake
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- oil for frying
- Maple syrup & berries for serving optional
- Combine flours, baking powder, sugar, lemon zest and salt in a medium bowl. Add in eggs, oil, milk, vanilla and lemon juice. Mix well to form a smooth batter. Fold in blueberries
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan and pour ¼ cup of the batter into the warm pan. Cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes until the bottom is slightly brown and bubbles start forming on the surface of the pancake. Flip over for another minute or two until slightly browned.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup and fresh blueberries
- Make your own oat flour by blending oats until they're finely ground
- Make the recipe dairy free by using a plant/nut milk
- If you don't have blueberries you can use blackberries.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.