It’s a stretch to call these mango lime ice lollies a recipe, after all it’s just 2 fruits blended together with water and frozen. Nonetheless, the mango and lime come together to create a deliciously tangy cold treat.
The best part of this ‘recipe’ is that it has no added sugars, just the natural sweetness found in the mangos. The flavours aren’t exotic so they’d be a perfect treat for kids.
Use well ripened mangos, which are still in season and are sweet and soft. Taste the mixture prior to pouring into your moulds and adjust accordingly. Add more lime for extra tanginess, or if you feel it’s just a bit too bitter add some honey or maple syrup for added sweetness.
Mango Lime Ice Lollies
- 2 large ripe mangos peeled and chopped
- 2 limes juiced (about 1/4 cup lime juice)
- 1/2 cup water
You will also need
- food processor or blender
- 4 ice lolly molds
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processer and blend until completely smooth.
- Taste and adjust accordingly (Add more lime, water or a sweetener if need be).
- Divide the mixture between popsicle moulds and freeze until completely frozen. If you are using wooden popsicle sticks, freeze lollies for 2 hours and then place the sticks horizontally in the middle of each lolly (the lollies will be frozen enough that the sticks remain upright without falling).
- To release from the mould, pour water over the outside of the moulds until the lollies are released.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.