We call this healthy granola recipe “Naked Granola” because we’ve taken out a lot of the sugar and oil found in store-bought granola, stripping it down so you get more of the ingredients you want from a granola – oats, nuts and seeds.
Making your own granola is super simple, and once you make this healthy granola recipe you’ll have a hard time going back to the store-bought varieties. Combine with yogurt or milk and some fresh fruit it makes the perfect breakfast.
A healthy and gluten free granola recipe, this Naked Granola is simple to make. You can easily adapt it to make it vegan as well.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Almonds roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil room temperature
- 3 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Combine oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and salt in a large bowl. Set Aside
- In a small bowl combine apple sauce, honey, coconut oil and vanilla
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients until thoroughly combined (hands work best)
- Spread out granola mixture in an even layer onto baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes, halfway through turn pan around mix granola with a spatula
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an air tight container
- Serve it with milk, yogurt, fresh fruit or layered on top a smoothie bowl.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.