This one pan chicken dish has fast become a favourite, and not just because it uses one pan which means minimal dishes to wash up. It’s delicious – slightly sweet from the red wine, acidic from the tomatoes and jammed with meaty mushrooms and black olives. There is also tons of tomato gravy, perfect for dumping your rice in, or a chunk of bread. From start to finish it’ll take about an hour to have this one pan chicken on your table, of which only 20 are hands on time, perfect for busy week nights.
One Pan Chicken with Mushrooms, Olives and Tomato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 pieces chicken skin off, bone in
- 1 onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 C Red Wine
- 1 C vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- fresh parsley
- 1 packet olives drained (170g packet)
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add chicken and cook until both sides are browned (3-5 minutes per side).
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add onions to the pan and sauté until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add in crushed canned tomatoes, red wine, stock, tomato paste, and spices. Mix to combine everything and then add in the chicken. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Reduce to a simmer and add in mushrooms. Cook for another 30 minutes
- Remove from stove and add in the black olives.
- Serve with fresh parsley and rice.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.