This is a no fuss banana bread that requires basic ingredients and just one bowl to make. Yes, nothing fancy in here, just simple ingredients combined to make a delicious peanut butter banana bread. It’s perfect alone but also makes a mean slice of PB &J, just slather with peanut butter and homemade jam.
The only ingredient you may not have and that is a more specialised ingredient is the coconut sugar. Coconut sugar gives food a slightly caramel taste and some people consider it to be a healthier form of sugar as it’s derived from the coconut palm tree and has more nutrients in it than cane sugar. At the end of the day it is still a sugar. If you don’t have coconut sugar, regular sugar can be used in its place.
My last tip when it comes to making this peanut butter banana bread is that ripe browned bananas are best, and to get a perfectly smooth batter without any banana chunks, use a stick blender to blend the bananas into a smooth puree.
One Bowl Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas peeled and mashed
- 1/2 C peanut butter
- 1/4 C coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 C coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Add the bananas to a large mixing bowl and mash well. Add in the peanut butter, coconut oil, egg and vanilla and mix until everything is combined.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients and mix until just combined
- Pour batter into the loaf pan, even it out and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack
- Keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.