I love pomegranates, so as their season ends, I wanted to make one more pomegranate dish. Something that takes the pomegranate and puts it into the warmer weather headed our way. I tend to prefer fruit based smoothie bowls (I’ll happily eat more veg in salads, thanks) and so the pomegranate smoothie bowl was born. It’s made using pomegranate juice (which means you can make it all year round), goji berries and strawberries to fully pack an antioxidant punch. Good for your skin, I hear.
It’s thick, creamy and quite delicious – the perfect start to a hot summer!
I used Rush Pure Pomegranate juice (here) which has an incredible pomegranate flavor, perfectly tart and is not too sweet.
Pomegranate Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 C Pomegranate juice
- 1 C strawberries chopped and frozen
- 1/2 banana sliced and frozen
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- Soak the goji berries in hot water for 1 minute to re-hydrate and soften them. Once soften, drain and add to blender
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour smoothie mixture into a bowl and top with fruit.
*This article contains affiliate links
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.