A refreshing twist on the classic lemonade, this minty watermelon lemonade will become your favourite
Nothing screams summer like a big juicy wedge of watermelon enjoyed by all age groups. Whether you slice it up and enjoy it as is, or put it into a salad or even grill it, watermelons have a surprising large list of nutritional benefits
- Water: Watermelon is made up of 92% water, making it another way to keep you hydrated this summer.
- Vitamins: Watermelon is packed with Vitamin A (for eye health). Vitamin C (to boost immunity and prevent cell damage) and Vitamin B6 (to help brain function).
- Lycopene: Watermelon also has the highest content of Lycopene of any fresh fruit or vegetable. Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant important for cardiovascular health, bone health as well as cancer prevention.
- Potassium: Watermelon is also rich in Potassium. This helps retain the calcium in your body for stronger bones and joints. It is also a natural electrolyte which helps muscle and nerve function and keeps blood pressure low.
- Amino Acids: Citrulline and arginine are two amino acids found in watermelon. They help maintain arteries, blood flow and cardiovascular health.
At only 48 calories a cup, this nutrient dense fruit should become a regular on your summer eating list. Watermelons also keep their nutrients for up to 6 days after being cut. So you can buy a whole one and enjoy it throughout the week.
Watermelon has become a regular fixture around here. Whilst we mainly just eat it freshly sliced, we experimented turning it into a delicious beverage. The result was this refreshing thirst quenching Minty Watermelon Lemonade. A combination of 3 ingredients that when combined give you a refreshing drink with a little kick. Perfect for summer!
Subscribe to our newsletter for more healthy recipes
Latest posts by Zissy Lewin (see all)
- Why You have lower back pain and what to do about it - April 28, 2017
- 9 Things to know This Week (28 April 2017) - April 28, 2017
- Is an Infrared Sauna Worth the Hype? We tried it out - April 27, 2017