This simple summer vegetable pasta is loaded with fresh vegetables, basil and sprinkles of Parmesan. It’s a no-fuss and healthy pasta dish that comes together fast.
Summer Veg Pasta
A simple vegetable packed pasta, topped with fresh basil and a generous sprinkle of Parmesan makes for a healthier and lighter pasta dish
- 1 package pasta any type will work
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 10 white mushrooms
- 3 baby marrows
- 1 red pepper
- 20 fresh basil leaves roughly torn
- olive oil extra virgin
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese grated (for topping)
- Chop mushrooms, baby marrows and pepper into slices
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and add onion and minced garlic. Cook on medium for 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add in the sliced vegetables and cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, boil pasta according to package instructions. Drain
- When the vegetables are cooked, add drained pasta and basil. Mix together and cook for another minute
- Divide the pasta between 4 bowls and top with a generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.