This sweet take on an omelette turns 2 eggs into a fluffy breakfast crepe. Fresh strawberries are reduced into a thick and tangy sauce to fill this sweet omelette. You can replace the strawberries with any other berries. It’s more involved than a regular omelette and does involve whisking, but the end result is worth it. Save it for those days you have time to make and enjoy breakfast.
Sweet Omelette with Strawberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries quartered
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Make the strawberry filling by combining strawberries and honey in a small pot. Bring to boil and then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer for about 10 minutes – until saucy. Whilst simmering, mix the strawberries every few minutes to avoid them burning.
- To make the omelette, separate the eggs.
- Using a electric mixer with the whisk attachement whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside
- Add vanilla and a pinch of salt to the egg yolks and whisk to combine. Fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Once melted, pour in the egg mixture. Cook until about ¾ set and then gently flip the omelette over using a spatula. Cook for another minute until the omelette is fully cooked
- Top the omelettes with strawberries and fold over. Serve immediately
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.