This sweet n spicy nut mix is addictive. Sprinkle it over salads or eat by the handful. It’s an easy recipe to double or triple and makes for a perfect party-snack starter. Make sure to use unsalted nuts so that you can add your own spice without it being too much and too salty. If you want extra heat, when the nuts come out the oven, you can sprinkle them with more smoky paprika, or cayenne.
You can use either maple syrup or honey – I’ve tried with both and they both work, so choose according to what you have / what you eat.
Sweet n Spicy Nut Mix
- 1 1/2 C mixed nuts raw and unsalted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup / honey
- 2 tsp smoky paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and line a baking tray with paper or a silicone mat.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over low heat. Remove from heat and add in the maple syrup.
- Add in the spices and mix well until combined.
- Add nuts to a mixing bowl. Pour the spice mixture over the nuts and coat well.
- Spread the nuts in an even layer on a lined baking tray
- Bake for 15 minutes (After 8 minutes, turn the pan around)
- Remove and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.