Tuna salad. It’s simple, inexpensive and a pretty nutrient dense meal. It can also tire easily. Whenever I’m feeling over tuna salad, I’ll try do something a bit different – taking its essence and changing it ever so slightly, so that it becomes fresh again. These tuna salad sweet potato boats are simple but have enough of a twist that it takes a boring tuna salad and turns it into a fresh and delicious meal.
Tuna Salad Sweet Potato Boats
- 2 medium sweet potatoes washed and scrubbed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 can tuna in water
- 40g rocket washed and dried
- 1 avocado pitted and cubed
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Slice your sweet potatoes in half, length ways.
- Brush the sweet potato with olive oil and place on a baking tray flesh side down.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until they’re fully cooked and you can pierce them easily with a fork. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Make the tuna salad by combining the tuna, pepper, avo and rocket in a bowl. Add in lemon juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place sweet potatoes on a serving plate and divide the tuna salad between the halves.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.