Upside smoothie Jars are the grab and go answer to smoothie bowls.
You can make it with any smoothie bowl recipe – make sure the smoothie is thicker so it’s easy to scoop out with the granola.
I added in a scoop of plant-based protein, which you can leave out or add in some hemp seeds if you want extra protein in the smoothie. I also added a teaspoon of ashwaganda, but you can skip it or replace with your favorite adaptogen.
I used a homemade granola, but any works or you can just use some chopped nuts, dried fruit and coconut chips instead.
Upside Down Smoothie Jar
- 3/4 C plant / nut milk
- 1 C fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 banana peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 C Kale
- 1 scoop plant protein powder optional
- 1 tsp ashwaganda optional
- 1/4 C granola
- Blend all smoothie ingredients in a blender until smooth
- Pour granola into a jar, top with smoothie. Eat immediately or keep in the fridge until you’re ready
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.