Waffle French toast is like the lazy person’s answer to French toast. With no need to stand over a stove to flip the bread over, it’s requires less effort. It’s also a lot less greasy making it healthier.
Serve it with fresh fruit, jam or honey or to make it a more substantial breakfast go the savoury route and top it with a fried egg. You can also add sliced avo, although you might want to leave out the cinnamon and vanilla and maybe add some pepper or dried herbs to the batter instead.
Waffle French Toast
- 4 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk any type
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch Salt
- Fresh fruit, fried eggs, syrup or jam for serving for serving
You will also need
- non-stick spray, oil or melted butter for greasing the waffle iron
- waffle iron
- Beat the egg together with the milk, vanilla, cinnamon and sat in a medium mixing bowl.
- Heat your waffle iron and either spray with a nonstick baking spray or grease it with oil or butter.
- Dunk a slice of bread into the egg mixture and coat it well on both sides.
- Place coated bread into the waffle iron, close and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the piece of bread is browned and crispy.
- Repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Serve with fresh fruit, syrup and jam or a fried egg.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.