Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
These spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce make use of spring vegetables but the options are endless. You can change the vegetables for what you have on hand or add protein like chicken strips, tofu or salmon.
Spring Vegetable Rolls
- 2 carrots peeled and julienned
- 1/2 tray snap peas julienned
- 1/2 bag sprouts rinsed well
- 1 red bell pepper peeled and julienned
- 1 spring onion sliced thin
- 1 handfull fresh parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup salted and roasted peanuts chopped
- 15-20 sheets rice paper
Peanut Dipping Sauce (1/2 cup of sauce)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter smooth
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1-2 tbsp water to thin out, more if needed
- Salt to taste
Place all sauce ingredients except for water into a mini processor and process until completely smooth. Add water if needed. Set aside
To make the rolls, prepare all ingredients and place on a cutting board or in separate bowls. Fill a large bowl with warm water.
Dip one piece of rice paper in water for about 10 seconds until it softens. Place rice paper on a large plate and place vegetables in the centre of the paper. Roll the two sides of the rice wrapper inward and then flip the bottom over top the filling and roll forward. Place roll on a plate. Continue with rest of the rice paper until all the filling has been used up.
Serve with a peanut dipping sauce or soy sauce. These rolls do keep for about a day in the fridge.