Described as eating a cloud dream, this silky soup from Every Night of The Week is rich, creamy and easy to make.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek white and pale green part only, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 parsnips peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 head cauliflower roughly chopped
- 2 zucchini roughly chopped
- 1 head of garlic halved horizontally
- 1 Litre vegetable or chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon baby capers patted as dry as possible
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the leek, parsnip, cauliflower, zucchini and garlic head and cook for 15 minutes until the vegetables are starting to soften.
Add the stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove the garlic and squeeze the soft flesh back into the soup.
Blitz. Season to taste.
For the topping, heat the oil in a large frying pan until hot and add the capers. These will spit and generally behave badly so keep an eye on them. Once they blossom open crisply or begin to brown, add the breadcrumbs and continue to fry, stirring, until golden brown.
Eat the soup with a handful of crumbs and capers on top.