These breakfast muffins are loaded with roasted vegetables and feta. They’re the kind of breakfast you can make on Sunday and enjoy throughout the week. Best eaten warm, they’re also good cold and travel well. You can mix and match the roasted vegetables as you like and skip the feta if you don’t do dairy.
Egg, Feta and Vegetable Breakfast Muffins
- 1 small butternut peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 sweet potato peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 red pepper chopped into small pieces
- 1 green pepper chopped into small pieces
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 15 large eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs I used parsley
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 100g Feta Cheese crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Wash and peel the butternut and sweet potato and cut into small cubes. Chop the peppers and finely dice the shallots.
- Place all the cut-up vegetables on a baking tray, drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper and toss the cubes to coat.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove from the oven and set aside
- While the vegetables are roasting, line a muffin tray with liners (if you’re using a silicone muffin tray you don’t have to line it) and prepare the egg mixture.
- Combine eggs, herbs, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- When the vegetables are done divide them between the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle feta between all the muffin cups and then pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until the egg has set.
Zissy is the co-founder of Nutreats. She likes to make things, do things and wear things.